• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Passing through Tenerife South airport. Glad I am on my way to somewhere else, though. Airport is much too busy for an island. Tells you enough about the high volume of visitors.

iuwTwv3.jpg

Millions upon millions of sun-deprived northern Europeans descend on Canary Islands annually for the sun and beaches. Here is a tour op's personnel waiting for another plane to land bringing more (northern) tourists.

mFiMvfX.jpg

Below the rows of palm trees one sees (probably) hundreds of coaches from holiday resorts parked outside the airport's entrance. The coaches are not really visible on purpose.

1sZwbVq.jpg

Glad to be going to somewhere else! Tenerife is the most developed, busy and full of packaged tourists.

VFL1YPE.jpg

Very dark now. Waiting to for clearance to take off.

t7LDPCC.jpg

It's a short flight (30-40minutes, methinks). Only have energy and time for beer when we get to our lodging.
Tenerifean beer. Available on all Canary islands.

fJ4sRho.jpg

From Madrid but owned by Heineken

EqzRsvD.jpg

From 1 of the 2 craft beer breweries on La Palma. "La Isla Verde" is the name of this brewery, but La Palma is also known as La Isla Verde (another one is La Isla Bonita, nothing to do with that Madonna song).

64IGh49.jpg

The amazing Canary Islands!

89AybcB.jpg

Physical map of La Palma. It's the most seismically active in the archipelago.

VWhfUQr.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Passing through Tenerife South airport. Glad I am on my way to somewhere else, though. Airport is much too busy for an island. Tells you enough about the high volume of visitors.

iuwTwv3.jpg

Thousands upon thousands of sun-deprived northern Europeans descend on Canary Islands annually for the sun and beaches. Here is a tour op's personnel waiting for another plane to land bringing more (northern) tourists.

mFiMvfX.jpg

Below the rows of palm trees one sees (probably) hundreds of coaches from holiday resorts parked outside the airport's entrance. The coaches are not really visible on purpose.

1sZwbVq.jpg

Glad to be going to somewhere else! Tenerife is the most developed, busy and full of packaged tourists.

VFL1YPE.jpg

t7LDPCC.jpg

It's a short flight (30-40minutes, methinks). Only have energy and time for beer when we get to our lodging.

fJ4sRho.jpg

EqzRsvD.jpg

From 1 of the 2 craft beer breweries on La Palma. "La Isla Verde" is the name of this brewery, but La Palma is also known as La Isla Verde (another one is La Isla Bonita, nothing to do with that Madonna song).

64IGh49.jpg

The amazing Canary Islands!

89AybcB.jpg

Physical map of La Palma. It's the most seismically active in the archipelago.

VWhfUQr.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

iuwTwv3.jpg

Thousands upon thousands of northern Europeans descend on Canary Islands annually for the sun and beaches. Here is a tour op's personnel waiting for another plane to land bringing more (northern) tourists.

mFiMvfX.jpg

1sZwbVq.jpg

VFL1YPE.jpg

t7LDPCC.jpg

fJ4sRho.jpg

EqzRsvD.jpg

64IGh49.jpg