• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Slim W

Slim W

Punctuation

13 minutes ago, Robenco15 said:

No 225F was always the plan. Monitoring surface temp and adjusting as it went was more than I wanted to to keep track of on Christmas day with everything else going on. Based on Kenji and Chris Young’s experience I was comfortable with 225F. I just should have started it earlier. Hindsight is 20/20 right? Still came out great it not quite edge to edge medium as I was hoping. No complaints from family!

Quite understandable!  I never have a problem with a little transition from crust to the desired doneness. Rarely does anyone notice.  Glad it turned out well ( well, med rare?) !

Slim W

Slim W

9 minutes ago, Robenco15 said:

No 225F was always the plan. Monitoring surface temp and adjusting as it went was more than I wanted to to keep track of on Christmas day with everything else going on. Based on Kenji and Chris Young’s experience I was comfortable with 225F. I just should have started it earlier. Hindsight is 20/20 right? Still came out great it not quite edge to edge medium as I was hoping. No complaints from family!

Quite understandable!  I never have a problem with a little transition from crust to the desired doneness. Rarely does anyone notice.  Glad it turned out well ( well med rare?) !