• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

44 minutes ago, Alex said:

Have you had any wine from them?

Yes, I've visited both (pre-pandemic) and tasted some of their wines.

I particularly remember a Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot / Syrah blend in Canaan which was very much in a Bordeaux style. French winemakers have been very active in China, cooperating with Chinese vignerons to bring forward the local product. I also remember a very accceptable Riesling.

Grace does an excellent Cabernet Merlot. Their Chairman's Reserve was memorable.

Both have Engish language websites with more information

Canaan (If it's showing only Chinese, click on the EN top right next to the search box.)

Grace

Aside from these two, I've visited another five on the list, all European.

liuzhou

liuzhou

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Have you had any wine from them?

Yes, I've visited both (pre-pandemic) and tasted some of their wines.

I particularly remember a Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot / Syrah blend in Canaan which was very much in a Bordeaux style. French winemakers have been very active in China, cooperating with Chinese vignerons to bring forward the local product. I also remember a very accceptable Riesling.

Grace does an excellent Cabernet Merlot. Their Chairman's Reserve was memorable.

Both have Engish language websites with more information

Canaan

Grace

Aside from these two, I've visited another five on the list, all European.