• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

7 hours ago, weinoo said:

I opened the refrigerator yesterday, and it smelled deliciously of coffee.  Which is good...and bad; when I investigated further, I noticed that a container of coffee I had put in there for iced coffee had leaked. Everywhere.

IMG_9546.thumb.jpeg.0833e72fd1b1c4f527e7776e0c0806ad.jpeg

IMG_9547.thumb.jpeg.8a31b66f8228a9e3419de4b30340299e.jpeg

Of course that meant everything had to come out and the interior cleaned.  Which is good and bad, since maybe it was time to clean the fridge...oh, it's never time to clean the fridge!

Lessons learned:  when using containers from take-out Chinese food, first make sure they haven't developed any imperfections!

That type of fridge incident makes me want to "move out in the middle of the night!" Maybe coffee is not too bad but in my fridge, it is always the sticky stuff that spills...

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

7 hours ago, weinoo said:

I opened the refrigerator yesterday, and it smelled deliciously of coffee.  Which is good...and bad; when I investigated further, I noticed that a container of coffee I had put in there for iced coffee had leaked. Everywhere.

IMG_9546.thumb.jpeg.0833e72fd1b1c4f527e7776e0c0806ad.jpeg

IMG_9547.thumb.jpeg.8a31b66f8228a9e3419de4b30340299e.jpeg

Of course that meant everything had to come out and the interior cleaned.  Which is good and bad, since maybe it was time to clean the fridge...oh, it's never time to clean the fridge!

Lessons learned:  when using containers from take-out Chinese food, first make sure they haven't developed any imperfections!

That type of fridge incident makes me want to move out in the middle of the night!" Maybe coffee is not too bad but it my fridge, it is always the sticky stuff that spills...