• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mgaretz

mgaretz

I did one test when I first got it:  Basmati Rice and Brussels sprouts in the bottom and already cooked Costco rotisserie chicken breast on the top.  Used a recipe for raw chicken breast because I couldn't find any with already cooked chicken.  The breast skin came out nice and crispy with the meat possibly a bit overcooked but not totally dry either.  The rice came out fine, the sprouts were a bit mushy for my taste but cooked.  I only used a 1/4 cup of rice as it was just a meal for me.   

It's big, but not that big either.  Takes up about the same footprint as my Ninja grill or Instant Pot 8 qt.  It seems lighter than either.  

The salmon mentioned in the Dinner thread (see @Anna N's post) and the above are the only two things I have done so far.  

Tonight I will use it to make chicken wings from frozen just as a steam crisper.  Pics tomorrow!

mgaretz

mgaretz

I did one test when I first got it:  Basmati Rice and Brussels sprouts in the bottom and already cooked Costco rotisserie chicken breast on the top.  Used a recipe for raw chicken breast because I couldn't find any with already cooked chicken.  The breast skin came out nice and crispy with the meat possibly a bit overcooked but not totally dry either.  The rice came out fine, the sprouts were a bit mushy for my taste but cooked.  I only used a 1/4 cup of rice as it was just a meal for me.   

It's big, but not that big either.  Takes up about the same footprint as my Ninja grill or Instant Pot 8 qt.  It seems lighter than either.  

Tonight I will use it to make chicken wings from frozen just as a steam crisper.  Pics tomorrow!