• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

Oysters Rockefeller, Round 1

so I went withthe Antoine’s "original" recipe - exceptions.... deleted parsley, DW has a thing . . . , used Sambuca vs.  Pernod.

DW scarfed down 5 and pronounced:  "I  enjoyed that."  that's pretty high on the praise list,,,  iffin' one didn't know . . .

soaked raw oysters overnight in butter milk - a 'trick' learned from a Baltimore most excellent chef - the acidity firms up the oysters....

me:  not a fan of 'burn off yo' lips' stuff - the Tabasco was a bit strong - DW loved it, I will use it again and remain silent . . .

used panko for the bread crumbs - may think to pan toast them next try - altho they did brown nicely in the oven....

looks like:

orcombo1.thumb.jpg.03316c9a7c84f0f781eb150aff2a23af.jpg

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

Oysters Rockefeller, Round 1

so I went the the Antoine’s "original" recipe - exceptions.... deleted parsley, DW has a thing . . . , used Sambuca vs.  Pernod.

DW scarfed down 5 and pronounced:  "I  enjoyed that."  that's pretty high on the praise list,,,  iffin' one didn't know . . .

soaked raw oysters overnight in butter milk - a 'trick' learned from a Baltimore most excellent chef - the acidity firms up the oysters....

me:  not a fan of 'burn off yo' lips' stuff - the Tabasco was a bit strong - DW loved it, I will use it again and remain silent . . .

used panko for the bread crumbs - may think to pan toast them next try - altho they did brown nicely in the oven....

looks like:

orcombo1.thumb.jpg.03316c9a7c84f0f781eb150aff2a23af.jpg