• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

farcego

farcego

5 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

It's interesting to see that so many have mentioned the way that our parents cooked liver. They sliced it so thin and then cooked it until it was hard and dry. My ex-mother-in-law was the worst. You could have taken the liver that she cooked and resoled your shoes. You would have only had to have done it once. I used to hate liver until I finally had it medium rare and it was a life changer.

Slice thin would have been great in my youth; sometimes I had steaks of liver, and that was, as you said, something to resoled mountain boots.

PS. Overcooking liver may have to be with the past when parasites like Trichinella, liver flukes or others that may live in or around livers were not as well checked as now, and people raised and killed pigs at home more often.

farcego

farcego

2 minutes ago, Tropicalsenior said:

It's interesting to see that so many have mentioned the way that our parents cooked liver. They sliced it so thin and then cooked it until it was hard and dry. My ex-mother-in-law was the worst. You could have taken the liver that she cooked and resoled your shoes. You would have only had to have done it once. I used to hate liver until I finally had it medium rare and it was a life changer.

Slice thin would have been great in my youth; sometimes I had steaks of liver, and that was, as you said, something to resoled mountain boots.

PS. Overcooking liver may have to be with parasites like Trichinella, liver flukes or others that may live in or around livers.

farcego

farcego

1 minute ago, Tropicalsenior said: