• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie and I walked into the kitchen at the same time and he asked if I had any ideas for dinner. I said I was planning to eat a hot dog but did he have anything in mind?  He thought a little and said he'd like something Italian like chicken Alfredo.  We went to the computer and looked at some menus from local Italian restaurants and didn't see anything that looked good. I said could make some Chicken Martini with fettuccini and Alfredo sauce from a jar. He thought that was a good idea so I went to the store and got the stuff to make it and it was ready about 45 minutes later.  While it was being made, a friend who is going through a break-up with her boyfriend called Charlie and during the conversation asked what he was having for dinner. He told her and she came over and had dinner with us.  I had just enough for the three of us. I took the picture of the food on the stove while she was on her way over... she lives close.   I added some extra parm. cheese to the  sauce and heated it so it would melt. We had it with some white Zinfandel.

IMG_1002.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie and I walked into the kitchen at the same time and he asked if I had any ideas for dinner. I said I was planning to eat a hot dog but did he have anything in mind?  He thought a little and said he'd like something Italian like chicken Alfredo.  We went to the computer and looked at some menus from local Italian restaurants and didn't see anything that looked good. I said could make some Chicken Martini with fettuccini and Alfredo sauce from a jar. He thought that was a good idea so I went to the store and got the stuff to make it and it was ready about 45 minutes later.  While it was being made, a friend who is going through a break-up with her boyfriend called Charlie and during the conversation asked what he was having for dinner. He told her and she came over and had dinner with us.  I had just enough for the three of us. I took the picture of the food on the stove while she was on her way over... she lives close.   I added some extra parm. cheese to the  sauce and heated it so it would melt. We had it whith some white Zinfandel.

IMG_1002.jpg