• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

On 5/29/2023 at 11:58 AM, Kim Shook said:

@Norm Matthews – that’s too bad about your ribs.  They look SO good that it must have been especially disappointing!  Glad the next batch turned out well.  Did you find something to do with the disappointing ones?

All your food looks delicious. It was the combination of the rub and the mustard sauce together. The mustard sauce got put on one of the next batch of ribs as a binder for the dry rub and it turned out really good.  I am going to do that more often. I used the same rub on brisket a while back and it turned out well but the two together was just too salty for me. I tried to eat them but couldn't. I threw them out.  I don't dislike any of my neighbors enough to have given them to someone else.   Actually I was planning to share them until I tasted them..`

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

On 5/29/2023 at 11:58 AM, Kim Shook said:

@Norm Matthews – that’s too bad about your ribs.  They look SO good that it must have been especially disappointing!  Glad the next batch turned out well.  Did you find something to do with the disappointing ones?

All your food looks delicious. It was the combination of the rub and the mustard sauce together. The mustard sauce got put on one of the next batch of ribs as a binder for the dry rub and it turned out really good.  I am going to do that more often. I used the same rub on brisket a while back and it turned out well but the two together was just too salty for me. I tried to eat them but couldn't. I threw them out.  I don't dislike any of my neighbors enough to have given them to someone else.   Actually I was planning to share them until I tasted them..