• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

About french wines graves de vayres

delights

I am always careful by preparing some wines,before a good meal.

My favorite wines are the graves de vayres (close to Libourne and counting 40 "propriétés) and they are nothing to see with wines of Graves (Pessac).

Like great Bordeaux wines,Graves de Vayres would be served at a room temperature (16 degrees to 18 degrees).

Whatever its age allow the bottle to rest for a few hours before serving and open it one hour before the meal (contact with the air releases its bouquet).

Young wines must be drunk with white meats and poultry,

while older wines should be reserved for game,red meats and cheese.

You always find in red wines some flavours of raspnerry,bluebeery,blackcurrant.

A dry wine Graves de Vayres should be drunk well chilled

6 to 8 degrees),preferably young when it will,when it will harmonize perfectly with fish,seafood,sellfish or even hors d'oeuvre and cold meats.

You'll generally find in white wines,some flavours of fresh flowers of spring.

Whatever red or white Graves de Vayres,I love to serve them at cocktail time,just before meal and in the french style.

Philippe raynaud

Les d�lices du Net

Les D�lices de Daubenton-Paris