• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

On 7/6/2022 at 1:48 PM, Annie_H said:

And you have this one as well if you have five disks....(the blue background). Something satisfying with a manual tool. The Beringer has extra blades but not quite right. The big beast stainless does a good job julienne, but I just thin slice Beringer in rounds, then slice fine by hand in strips.  image.thumb.jpeg.2f03cd441b9467cb3e8f57d3b8099472.jpeg

Yeesssssss!  I got the newer Benrinerere recently.  Whoa!!! Where have you been all my life.  I had to  dice up a bunch of red onion yesterday and this made a very quick job of it using the medium blade.  And it's wicked sharp!  I'll be using this for all my slicing and dicing.

After reading Cooks Illustrated's review of mandolines I was sold on this top-rated model.  Puts my old mandoline to shame.

lindag

lindag

On 7/6/2022 at 1:48 PM, Annie_H said:

And you have this one as well if you have five disks....(the blue background). Something satisfying with a manual tool. The Beringer has extra blades but not quite right. The big beast stainless does a good job julienne, but I just thin slice Beringer in rounds, then slice fine by hand in strips.  image.thumb.jpeg.2f03cd441b9467cb3e8f57d3b8099472.jpeg

Yeesssssss!  I got the newer Benrinerere recently.  Whoa!!! Where have you been all my life.  I had to  dice up a bunch of red onion yesterday and this made a very quick job of it using the medium blade.  And it's so sharp!  I'll be using this for all my slicing and dicing.