• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

17 minutes ago, KennethT said:

What do you do with the dried curry leaves?  I've only used them fresh

The same as with any other dried leaf herb. Add them to stews and curries, where they do not require rehydrating first. it is best to use about 1½ times as much as you would use fresh. They can, of course, be rehydrated if you wish. About ten minutes in warmish water is enough.

Of course, fresh is best, but there is no way I'm going to get through that lot without some kind of preservation. I don't use them that often.

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 minutes ago, KennethT said:

What do you do with the dried curry leaves?  I've only used them fresh

The same as with any other dried leaf herb. Add them to stews and curries, where they do not require rehydrating first. it is best to use about 1½ times as much as you would use fresh.

Of course, fresh is best, but there is no way I'm going to get through that lot without some kind of preservation. I don't use them that often.