• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

Vitamix tall 64-oz container:  When I purchased my Vitamix 5300 it came with the short 64-oz container.  After a while, I learned that a narrower container might best suit my needs, and I found a great deal on a 32-oz container.  It showed me that the narrower container would, indeed, be a better choice.  For a while, I looked on eBay and Amazon for deals on the tall 64-oz container, but could not find what I wanted.  Most offered were second-party or unknown brand containers, which I didn't want.  The few used Vitamix containers that I found were more beat up than was acceptable.  And I didn't want to pay full retail for a container that I didn't actually need ...

Last week I received an email from Vitamix saying that the tall 64-oz container was on sale for Labor Day, and the price was such that I could get a new one and end up saving about $80.00.  CLICK!

and today the new container arrived ... just in time for the start of soup season.

VitamixNew.jpg.0658de65f2aa119cac920f2b02b0a3ed.jpg

Shel_B

Shel_B

Vitamix tall 64-oz container:  When I purchased my Vitamix 5300 it came with the short 64-oz container.  After a while, I learned that a narrower container might best suit my needs, and I found a great deal on a 32-oz container.  It showed me that the narrower container would, indeed, be a better choice.  For a while, I looked on eBay and Amazon for deals on the tall 64-oz container, but could not find what I wanted.  Most offered were second-party or unknown brand containers, which I didn't want.  The few used Vitamix containers that I found were more beat up than was acceptable.  And I didn't want to pay full retail for a container that I didn't actually need ...

Last week I received an email from Vitamix saying that the tall 64-oz container was on sale for Labor Day, and the price was such that I could get a new one and end up saving about $80.00.  CLICK!

and today the new container arrived ... just in time for the start of soup season.

VitamixNew.jpg.0658de65f2aa119cac920f2b02b0a3ed.jpg