• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Left Qualicum Beach this morning for a night in Courtenay after indulging ourselves at the Kingfisher Spa. Had a late brunch after the spa at the restaurant on the grounds. Grilled tomato and avacado eggs benedict for two of us and my other sister had butter poached crab and smoked salmon benny. The potatoes were interesting; obviously deep fried and the inside was roughly mashed, quite rich potato. It was all very good but for the first time in years, I had to ask for salt. I think it may have been left out of any part of the eggs benedict. My sister who had the seafood one said hers was fine, but my other sister who also had the tomoato and avacado also found it underseasoned. Minor. A glass of wine topped off a lovely meal. The spa is right on the ocean and as the accomodations are at a lower elevation than the spa and restaurant, the have covered the roof of the accommodation with sand and driftwood. It's not hard to imagine that that is the beach. Not sure what's in store for dinner tonight, still looking at options.

KF1_7720.jpg

KF2_7718.jpg

IMG_7713.jpg

IMG_7714.jpg

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Left Qualicum Beach this morning for a night in Courtenay after indulging ourselves at the Kingfisher Spa. Had a late brunch after the spa and the restaurant on the grounds. Grilled tomato and avacado eggs benedict for two of us and my other sister had butter poached crab and smoked salmon benny. The potatoes were interesting; obviously deep fried and the inside was roughly mashed, quite rich potato. It was all very good but for the first time in years, I had to ask for salt. I think it may have been left out of any part of the eggs benedict. My sister who had the seafood one said hers was fine, but my other sister who also had the tomoato and avacado also found it underseasoned. Minor. A glass of wine topped off a lovely meal. The spa is right on the ocean and as the accomodations are at a lower elevation than the spa and restaurant, the have covered the roof of the accommodation with sand and driftwood. It's not hard to imagine that that is the beach. Not sure what's in store for dinner tonight, still looking at options.

KF1_7720.jpg

KF2_7718.jpg

IMG_7713.jpg

IMG_7714.jpg

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Left Qualicum Beach this morning for a night in Courtenay after indulging ourselves at the Kingfisher Spa. Had a late brunch after the spa and the restaurant on the grounds. Grilled tomato and avacado eggs benedict for two of us and my other sister had butter poached crab and smoked salmon benny. A glass of wine topped off a ovely meal. The spa is right on the ocean and as the accomodations are at a lower elevation than the spa and restaurant, the have covered the roof with sand and driftwood. It's not hard to imagine that that is the beach. Not sure what's in store for dinner tonight, still looking at options.

KF1_7720.jpg

KF2_7718.jpg

IMG_7713.jpg

IMG_7714.jpg