• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is a great food and travel blog. Thanks.

Once I was able to say I'd visited every country in  Europe except Iceland. I still haven't visited, but some of the countries I visited have split up and formed new ones. For example, although I've visited Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic, I haven't visited Slovakia (as it didn't exist then as an independent state). Ditto Yugoslavia.

@TdeVRe: Cod Liver Oil. I too was brought up on this concoction. It was dispensed free of charge in the UK to all children under a certain age as a vitamin D supplement to aid in preventing rickets. I don't remember hating it, though.

liuzhou

liuzhou

This is a great food and travel blog. Thanks.

Once I was able to say I'd visited every country in  Europe except Iceland. I still haven't visited, but some of the countries I visited have split up and formed new ones. For example, although I've visited Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic, I haven't visited Slovakia (as it didn't exist then as an independent state). Ditto Yugoslavia.

@TdeVRe: Cod Liver Oil. I too was brought up on this concoction. It was dispensed free of charge in the UK to all cildren under a certain age as a vitamin D supplement to aid in preventing rickets. I don't remember hating it, though.