• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

11 minutes ago, heidih said:

Again from the NPR article a quote from a family member at originak ?) 

"China is a big market for us — the biggest market, 100,000 bottles a month," Paweena says.

When asked why their brand is doing so well in China, the two women look at each other and smile. "Because Asian people know how to eat," Varanya says, giggling.

Game on, Rooster.

Sriracha is virtually unknown in China. None of my friends know what it is and, as I said, only one store stocks it - irregularly.

100,000 bottles a month? Sounds to me like marketing BS, but even if true it doesn't amount to anything among 1,400,000,000 people. 0.007%

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 minutes ago, heidih said:

Again from the NPR article a quote from a family member at originak ?) 

"China is a big market for us — the biggest market, 100,000 bottles a month," Paweena says.

When asked why their brand is doing so well in China, the two women look at each other and smile. "Because Asian people know how to eat," Varanya says, giggling.

Game on, Rooster.

Sriracha is virtually unknown in China. None of my friends knowwhatit is and, as I sauid, only one store stocks it - irregularly.

100,000 bottles a month? Sounds to me like marketing BS, but even if true it doesn't amount to anything among 1,400,000,000 people. 0.007%