• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerala

Kerala

Time, money

On 1/29/2022 at 11:14 PM, weinoo said:

In private, you can do lots of things!

Have you been to Dry Martini bar in Barcelona?

Those guys make a fantastic Martini!

I went there about 15 years ago. I'd never been to a cocktail bar, and I was flummoxed when asked what I wanted, in the same way I was confused when first asked how I wanted my steak done. Even though I was a novice, I was already a snob and didn't want to go for the usual. "A Manhattan," I replied, never having even seen one before, my right eyebrow rising just a smidgen, channeling Roger Moore as best as I could. It cost 10 euros. Tasted great.

Kerala

Kerala

On 1/29/2022 at 11:14 PM, weinoo said:

In private, you can do lots of things!

Have you been to Dry Martini bar in Barcelona?

Those guys make a fantastic Martini!

I went there about 25 years ago. I'd never been to a cocktail bar, and I was flummoxed when asked what I wanted, in the same way I was confused when first asked how I wanted my steak done. Even though I was a novice, I was already a snob and didn't want to go for the usual. "A Manhattan," I replied, never having even seen one before, my right eyebrow rising just a smidgen, channeling Roger Moore as best as I could. It cost the equivalent of 10 pounds. Tasted great.