• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Yes. And Twinkies have been sold in the UK for years. Most supermarkets have them, Damn, I can even buy them in China. Not that I want to!

The whole list is seemingly written by someone who never gets out much. Most of the list can be found in the UK, certainly in the larger cities. London has many American eateries selling most of these. I ate  Jambalaya for the first time in London in the 1970s.

Also, much of the list exists in the UK, but under different names. I remember my mother making what was basically chicken fried steak but she didn't call it that. The very similar Scottish dish seems to be older than chicken fried steak, appearing on menus and in cookbooks  earlier thatn any American reference to CFS.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Yes. And Twinkies have been sold in the UK for years. Most supermarkets have them, Damn, I can even buy them in China. Not that I want to!

The whole list is seemingly written by someone who never gets out much. Most of the list can be found in the UK, certainly in the larger cities. Or something almost the same exists but under different names. I remember my mother making what was basically chicken fried steak but she didn't call it that.

The very similar Scottish dish seems to be older than chicken fried steak, appearing on menus and in cookbooks  earlier thatn any American reference to CFS.