• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

We are lucky that our  closest Farmer's Market is just over half a mile away - and today was the first day of the season.  I walked down, which helps me limit my purchasing as it's uphill on the way home ;). It's early here in the Pacific Northwest, so a lot of stalls were not produce stalls yet, but things like honey, jam,  or jewelry- later in the season some will be replaced by more produce.  I made a tidy haul, came home, and took a mind to catalog it and make sure I use it all.  Here's the plan so far. We love asparagus so two bundles have no problem getting eaten so it just remains to be seen if I'll do anything besides roast it...

I'm very visual, so this blackboard on the pantry door will be my memento mori:  all vegetables die. Do you have any tricks to make sure to use all the wonders you bring home? 

And I have a very large gorgeous bundle of mint that was a deal for $2. I'm making a dip that uses it, and there are always whiskey smashes - other ideas for the or another unclaimed produce?

IMG_1506.thumb.jpg.1c2c5c7fa8a7fc75002b22a890042e50.jpg

NadyaDuke

NadyaDuke

We are lucky that our  closest Farmer's Market is just over half a mile away - and today was the first day of the season.  I walked down, which helps me limit my purchasing as it's uphill on the way home ;). It's early here in the Pacific Northwest, so a lot of stalls were not produce stalls yet, but things like honey, jam,  or jewelry- later in the season some will be replaced by more produce.  I made a tidy haul, came home, and took a mind to catalog it and make sure I use it all.  Here's the plan so far. We love asparagus so two bundles have no problem getting eaten so it just remains to be seen if I'll do anything besides roast it...

I'm very visual, so this blackboard on the pantry door will be my memento mori:  all vegetables die. Do you have any tricks to make sure to use all the wonders you bring home? 

And I have a very large gorgeous bundle of mint that was a deal for $2. I'm making a dip that uses it, and there are always whiskey smashes - other ideas? IMG_1506.thumb.jpg.1c2c5c7fa8a7fc75002b22a890042e50.jpg