• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

21 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

a birthday treat

When my kids were kids we had a kind of family tradition. Whoever was the birthday girl or boy could choose any type of food for dinner that evening, unless it was a weekend, in which case it could be lunch instead. I'm glad to say McDonald's or the like never turned up. There were some odd choices, but neither 'afternoon tea' or 'pie and mash' ever made an appearance.

Perhaps the strangest was when my daughter decided on a vegetarian picnic, to be eaten in Londons gothic, Highgate Cemetery, now home to Karl Marx, Mary Ann Evans (George Eliot), Michael Faraday, George Michael, Catherine Dickens (Charles's wife) and Christina Rosetti among many others.

She wan't even vegetarian!

liuzhou

liuzhou

20 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

a birthday treat

When my kids were kids we had a kind of family tradition. Whoever was the birthday girl or boy could choose any type of food for dinner that evening, unless it was a weekend, in which case it could be lunch instead.. I'm glad to say McDonald's or the like never turned up. There were some odd choices, but neither 'afternoon tea' or 'pie and mash' ever made an appearance.

Perhaps the strangest was when my daughter decided on a vegetarian picnic, to be eaten in Highgate Cemetery in London, now home to Karl Marx, Mary Ann Evans (George Eliot), Michael Faraday, George Michael, Catherine Dickens (Charles's wife) and Christina Rosetti among many others.

liuzhou

liuzhou

19 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

a birthday treat

When my kids were kids we had a kind of family tradition. Whoever was the birthday girl or boy could choose any type of food for dinner that evening. I'm glad to say McDonald's or the like never turned up. There were some odd choices, but neither 'afternoon tea' or 'pie and mash' ever made an appearance.

Perhaps the strangest was when my daughter decided on a vegetarian picnic, to be eaten in Highgate Cemetery in London, now home to Karl Marx, Mary Ann Evans (George Eliot), Michael Faraday, George Michael, Catherine Dickens (Charles's wife) and Christina Rosetti among many others.

liuzhou

liuzhou

11 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

a birthday treat

When my kids were kids we had a kind of family tradition. Whoever was the birthday girl or boy could choose any type of food for dinner that evening. I'm glad to say McDonald's or the like never turned up. There were some odd choices, but neither 'afternoon tea' or 'pie and mash' ever made an appearance.

Perhaps the strangest was when my daughter decided on a vegetarian picnic, to be eaten in Highgate Cemetery in London, now home to Karl Marx, Mary Ann Evans (George Eliot), Michael Faraday, George Michael and Christina Rosetti among many others. She wan't even vegetarian!