• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Over the years I’ve been on eG, various people have made disparaging remarks about British food, repeating long debunked myths. These I feel I need to re-debunk.

The disgraced, corrupt French President, Jacques Chirac, at an international meeting in 2005, said, “One cannot trust people whose cuisine is so bad. The only thing they have ever done for European agriculture is mad cow disease, After Finland, it is the country with the worst food.”

This is typical of the propaganda that has been levelled at British food for years. Like all stereotypes it is largely untrue.

“British food is (in)famous for being unseasoned...“ claimed one member recently, later adding that he was not referring to salt.

It has been suggested that British food is bland and boring. Clichés and stereotypes like this are usually invented by people who have never tasted the food.

It is my intention to try to debunk these ideas as much as I can. It won't be difficult.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Over the years I’ve been on eG, various people have made disparaging remarks about British food, repeating long debunked myths. These I feel I need to re-debunk.

The disgraced, corrupt French President, Jacques Chirac, at an international meeting in 2005, said, “One cannot trust people whose cuisine is so bad. The only thing they have ever done for European agriculture is mad cow disease, After Finland, it is the country with the worst food.”

This is typical of the propaganda that has been levelled at British food for years. Like all stereotypes it is largely untrue.

British food is (in)famous for being unseasoned...“ claimed one member recently, later adding that he was not referring to salt.

It has been suggested that British food is bland and boring. Clichés and stereotypes like this are usually invented by people who have never tasted the food.

It is my intention to try to debunk these ideas as much as I can. It won't be difficult.

liuzhou

liuzhou

British food is (in)famous for being unseasoned...“ claimed one member recently, later adding that he was not referring to salt.

liuzhou

liuzhou

It is my intention to debunk these ideas as much as I can. It won't be difficult.

liuzhou

liuzhou

It is my intention to debunk these ideas as much as I can. It won't be difficult.

liuzhou

liuzhou

liuzhou

liuzhou