• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

19 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Well, in spite of having a good, tried and true recipe and doing my best, my choux was a massive fail.  This was how the eclairs turned out after cooling:

IMG_5792.thumb.jpg.1c4b7905c03fbe416851eb827bf5a20c.jpg

I wouldn't have the slightest idea what was wrong - whether it was my method, my oven, etc., but we had another baking fail right after that, so I'm going to post a request for ideas.  I'll keep track of the recipe and try again later.  So discouraging! 

Did they puff and then collapse or did they never puff at all?

Nevermind, I see you posted in another topic with more details and are getting some potential solutions.

curls

curls

19 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

Well, in spite of having a good, tried and true recipe and doing my best, my choux was a massive fail.  This was how the eclairs turned out after cooling:

I wouldn't have the slightest idea what was wrong - whether it was my method, my oven, etc., but we had another baking fail right after that, so I'm going to post a request for ideas.  I'll keep track of the recipe and try again later.  So discouraging! 

Nevermind, I see you posted in another topic with more details and are getting some potential solutions.

curls

curls

18 hours ago, Kim Shook said: