• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jim D.

Jim D.

51 minutes ago, LOUROUX said:

Now, remember y'all, I will be putting confectionary coating in these! Will I still have thickening problems if I also have the pump? And will I still need an EZtemper as I am not tempering chocolate? I am a bit confused as to the advantages of using it for ganache as well, can anyone elaborate?

I am confused. Earlier you wrote:  

I need recommendations for two melters or tempering machines that can handle about 25-50lbs of COVETURE chocolate each in order to turn out my shells.

Couverture is not the same as confectionary coating (a snob might say it is the opposite, but of course we don't have those types on eG).  If I may dare to give advice to someone much farther along in the business than I am, if you use the real thing, you can charge more and have claim to the quality of your chocolate.

Jim D.

Jim D.

46 minutes ago, LOUROUX said:

Now, remember y'all, I will be putting confectionary coating in these! Will I still have thickening problems if I also have the pump? And will I still need an EZtemper as I am not tempering chocolate? I am a bit confused as to the advantages of using it for ganache as well, can anyone elaborate?

I am confused. Earlier you wrote:  

I need recommendations for two melters or tempering machines that can handle about 25-50lbs of COVETURE chocolate each in order to turn out my shells.

Couverture is not the same as confectionary coating (a snob might say it is the opposite, but of course we don't have those types on eG).  If I may dare to give advice to someone much farther along in the business than I am), if you use the real thing, you can charge more and have claim to the quality of your chocolate.