• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

mome23

mome23

On 2/27/2019 at 3:46 PM, Tri2Cook said:

I feel kinda dumb admitting it but I've never considered that aspect of it, religious reasons people wouldn't want any form of alcohol in the chocolates. The only time I worry about it is when some of the chocolates will be going to my sister-in-law. She's a 20+ year sober recovering alcoholic who takes zero chances even after that much time. I respect that and accommodate it. 

Same here, if I add alcohol, even cooked I label. I've always considered people in recovery. My late BIL was 35 years sober. Didn't think much about religion.

mome23

mome23

On 2/27/2019 at 3:46 PM, Tri2Cook said:

I feel kinda dumb admitting it but I've never considered that aspect of it, religious reasons people wouldn't want any form of alcohol in the chocolates. The only time I worry about it is when some of the chocolates will be going to my sister-in-law. She's a 20+ year sober recovering alcoholic who takes zero chances even after that much time. I respect that and accommodate it. 

Same here, if I add alcohol, even cooked I label. I've always considered people in recovery. My late BIL 35 years sober. Didn't think much about religion.