• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Francois Royal

Francois Royal

Ive read your post and all replies! it was so much great to see all the supports regarding your case. Am really enjoying this forum, here is what you gonna do, I had two of the same cases from businesses I've consulted in France and Canada and problem was solved. 

1- when you advertise for your chocolate wine finished product dont set it as wine chocolate or alcoholic chocolate - only take the name of the wine and present the bonbon in relation of the wine name - example:

(CONCANNON - PINON NOIR TRUFFLES or TRUFFLES WITH HINT OF CONCANNON - PINON NOIR)

Dont use (red wine CONCANNON - PINON NOIR TRUFFLES or CONCANNON PINON NOIR TRUFFLES 0.3% alcohol).

by doing so you are clamming the name for the chocolate and that's it. and they got nothing against you! and lets say they are going far to do the paper work and find your chocolate has alcohol, claim it as Sorbitol , which is used for ganache making for shelf life conservation and it does contain alcohol (which personally I use).

Let the winery you work with express it as wine but when anyone ask you or at your shelf display name it as Ive showed you above, and call it flavor if you are talking to clients. Done!

what you are doing here is playing with the words simply and keep your recipe and alcohol content as you always have! if you have wine in your manufacture keep it in a separated hidden space and write beside it - only for personal use LOL. In case your inspector is really taking things very personal with you!  

2-regardless if you respected the amount at or below 0.5% they will still inquire legal paper confirmation of dose for this amount and for every future wine ganache collections you'll produce.

3- supposing you did all the work and you made it to 0.5% or below for each piece of chocolate (including shell of course as when they will test you bonbon in lab they will weight the hall think, they are not chocolatier to know the difference they care less LOL), what makes you think the bonbon will still taste like wine? as the flavor of wine will definitely reduce. so not worth it from the client point of view to enjoy the truffle wine! either they think you miss labeled the name or you are very cheap to add more wine LOL. result unsatisfied customers.

4- its very challenging to add the right dose of 0.5% exactly on each piece unless you are using a oneshot machine for exact dose and still its very challenging, as am currently consulting a new business which he wants to introduce weed to chocolate and that is a very serious regulations no way around it. has to be exact.

To be Blank with you with no artificial vanilla:

stay away from lawyers and following the regulations book 100% or else you''ll go out of business! only things that matters is a clean finished product, safe and not miss leading your customers by a big jump.

I really hope I could of being of a help for you and wish you all best, and sorry for you to experience all this struggle, must be hard when you touch success and sales and then someone shows up to stop you from keep going.

Merci 

Francois

Francois Royal

Francois Royal

Ive read your post and all replies! it was so much great to see all the supports regarding your case. Am really enjoying this forum, here is what you gonna do, I had two of the same cases from businesses I've consulted in France and Canada and problem was solved. 

1- when you advertise for your chocolate wine finished product dont set it as wine chocolate or alcoholic chocolate - only take the name of the wine and present the bonbon in relation of the wine name - example:

(CONCANNON - PINON NOIR TRUFFLES or TRUFFLES WITH HINT OF CONCANNON - PINON NOIR)

Dont use (red wine CONCANNON - PINON NOIR TRUFFLES or CONCANNON PINON NOIR TRUFFLES 0.3% alcohol).

by doing so you are clamming the name for the chocolate and that's it. and they got nothing against you! and lets say they are going far to do the paper work and find your chocolate has alcohol, claim it as Sorbitol , which is used for ganache making for shelf life conservation and it does contain alcohol (which personally I use).

Let the winery you work with express it as wine but when anyone ask you or at your shelf display name it as Ive showed you above, and call it flavor if you are talking to clients. Done!

what you are doing here is playing with the words simply and keep your recipe and alcohol content as you always have! if you have wine in your manufacture keep it in a separated hidden space and write beside it - only for personal use LOL. In case your inspector is really taking things very personal with you!  

2-regardless if you respected the amount at or below 0.5% they will still inquire legal paper confirmation of dose for this amount and for every future wine ganache collections you'll produce.

3- supposing you did all the work and you made it to 0.5% or below for each piece of chocolate (including shell of course as when they will test you bonbon in lab they will weight the hall think, they are not chocolatier to know the difference they care less LOL), what makes you think the bonbon will still taste like wine? as the flavor of wine will definitely reduce. so not worth it from the client point of view to enjoy the truffle wine! either they think you miss labeled the name or you are very cheap to add more wine LOL. result unsatisfied customers.

4- its very challenging to add the right dose of 0.5% exactly on each piece unless you are using a oneshot machine for exact dose and still its very challenging, as am currently consulting a new business which he wants to introduce weed to chocolate and that is a very serious regulations no way around it. has to be exact.

To be Blank with you:

stay away from lawyers and following the regulations book 100% or else you''ll go out of business! only things that matters is a clean finished product, safe and not miss leading your customers by a big jump.

I really hope I could of being of a help for you and wish you all best, and sorry for you to experience all this struggle, must be hard when you touch success and sales and then someone shows up to stop you from keep going.

Merci 

Francois

Francois Royal

Francois Royal

4- its very challenging to add the right dose of 0.5% exactly on each piece unless you are using a oneshot machine for exact dose and still its very challenging, as am currently consulting a new business which he wants to introduce weed to chocolate and that is a very serious regulations no way around it.has to be exact.

I really hope I could of being of a help for you and wish you all best 

Merci 

Francois

Francois Royal

Francois Royal

Let the winery you work with express it as wine but when anyone ask you or at your shelf display call it as flavor. Done!

4- its very challenging to add the right dose of 0.5% exactly on each piece unless you are using a oneshot machine for exact dose and still its very challenging, as am currently consulting a new business which he wants to introduce weed to chocolate and that is a very serious regulations no way around it.has to be exact.

Merci 

Francois

Francois Royal

Francois Royal

by doing so you are clamming the name for the chocolate as flavor and they got nothing against you! and lets say they are going far to do the paper work and find your chocolate has alcohol, claim it as Sorbitol , which is used for ganache making for shelf life conservation and it does contain alcohol (which personally I use).

Merci 

Francois

Francois Royal

Francois Royal

Ive read your post and all replies! it was so much great to see all the supports regarding you case. Am really enjoying this forum, here is what you gonna do, I had two of the same cases from businesses I've consulted in France and Canada and problem was solved. 

1- when you advertise for you chocolate wine finished product dont set it as wine chocolate or alcoholic chocolate - only take the name of the wine and present the bonbon in relation of the wine name - example:

by doing so you are clamming the name for the chocolate as flavor and they got nothing against you! and lets say they are going far to do the paper work and find your chocolate has alcohol, claim it as Sorbitol , which is used for ganache making for shelf life conservation and it does contain alcohol (which personally I use).

Merci 

Francois