• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I talked about tomatoes back in 2018 in this post. Today, I came across these  for the first time. The Chinese describes them as 绿色千禧小番茄 (lǜ sè qiān xǐ xiǎo fān qié) which translates as 'green jubilee small tomatoes'. I call them 'green cherry tomatoes'.

To my amusement they come with instructions! Because China thinks of cherry tomatoes as a table fruit and many use them in fruit salads, they have to be advised to stir fry these until they burst and use as a quick sauce with noodles as a sweet and sour sauce or, as it's known in Chinese, a 'sour and sweet sauce'.

grrencheerytomatoes.thumb.jpg.81fff8e7dcd796028542b0c810e1ecbe.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

I talked about tomatoes back in 2018 in this post. Today, I came across these  for the first time. The Chinese describes them as 绿色千禧小番茄 ((lǜ sè qiān xǐ xiǎo fān qié) which translates as 'green jubilee small tomatoes'. I call them 'green cherry tomatoes'.

To my amusement they come with instructions! Because China thinks of cherry tomatoes as a table fruit and many use them in fruit salads, they have to be advised to stir fry these until they burst and use as a quick sauce with noodles as a sweet and sour sauce or, as it's known in Chinese, a 'sour and sweet sauce'.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I talked about tomatoes back in 2018 in this post. Today, I came across these  for the first time. The Chinese describes them as 绿色千禧小番茄 ((lǜ sè qiān xǐ xiǎo fān qié) which translates as 'green jubilee small tomatoes'. I call them 'green cherry tomatoes'.

To my amusement they come with instructions! Because China thinks of cherry tomatoes as a table fruit and many use them in fruit salads, they have to be advised to stir fry these until they burst and use as a quick sauce with noodles as a sweet and sour sauce or, as it's known in Chinese a 'sour and sweet sauce'.

liuzhou

liuzhou

To my amusement they come with instructions! Because China thinks of cherry tomatoes as a table fruit and many uses them in fruit salads, they have to be advised to stir fry these until they burst and use as a quick sauce with noodles as a sweet and sour sauce or, as it's known in Chinese a 'sour and sweet sauce'.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I talked about tomatoes back in 2018 in this postthis post . Today, I came across these  for the first time. The Chinese describes them as 绿色千禧小番茄 ((lǜ sè qiān xǐ xiǎo fān qié) which translates as 'green jubilee small tomatoes'. I call them 'green cherry tomatoes'.

To my amusement they come with instructions! Because China thinks of cherry tomatoes as a table fruit and many uses them in fruit salads, they have to be advised to stir fry these until they burst and use as a quick sauce with noodles as a sweet and sour sauce or, as it's known in Chinese a 'sour and sweet sauce'.