• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tokyo’s famous fish market holds its last auction before moving.

Anna N

“The world's largest fish market, which has been in operation for 83 years, is being moved as part of the redevelopment for the 2020 Olympic Games.

The famed tuna auctions are a popular tourist attraction in the Japanese capital.”

Here.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Tsukiji! One of my very favorite outings in Japan. The best sushi I ever ate in my LIFE was in a tiny shop in Tsukiji, with the wife of the governor of Arkansas. We had two of the six seats in the place. One person was standing up next to us. He said, "Mrs. Huckabee, your husband is standing outside in the rain and there's no more room inside. He looks like he's ready to go." Janet, who was working her way through a plate of sashimi and several pieces of nigiri, looked at the guy calmly and said, "He can wait."

He did.

• Haha 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com