• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

Late lunch.

Tarragon "lemonade" - Georgian use the term lemonade to refer to various flavored sodas (popular flavors are pear, orange, grapes, tarragon, vanilla and a few others). It was fizzy and sweet, but not overly so. Very slightly acidic, mostly gently minty, and hints of tarragon which I might have missed had it was not written on the label.

Kazbegi porter - this was a very decent and basic porter. A tad too light and sweet. I hoped to taste other beers by the brewery, but apparently it is not commonly sold :( 

Adjarian khachapuri - nice and tender, slightly crisp, steaming hot. The egg fully liquid. The dough tastes lightly of yogurt. The filling is melting, not stretchy. Lightly salty. Some tartness and taste of lactic fermentation. We enjoyed it very much.

Lobio - similar preparation to last time. The beans softer, breaking easily. Less herbal and complex than last time, some flavor of bay leaf. It worked well with the lobiani. We occasionally placed from the bean stew on the pieces of the cheesy khachapuri. The beans balanced it's milikness and acidity. It's richness complimented the beans. I hope I haven't performed a crime against Georgian cuisine. Just imagine what an Italian would say if one was to dip Neapolitan pizza into pasta e fagioli 😲.

20180919_165743.jpg20180919_165758.jpg

IMG_20180919_172528.jpg

IMG_20180919_172730.jpg

shain

shain

Late lunch.

Tarragon "lemonade" - Georgian use the term lemonade to refer to various flavored sodas (popular flavors are pear, orange, grapes, tarragon, vanilla and a few others). It was fizzy and sweet, but not overly so. Very slightly acidic, mostly gently minty, and hints of tarragon which I might have missed had it was not written on the label.

Kazbegi porter - this was a very decent and basic porter. A tad too light and sweet. I hoped to taste other beers by the brewery, but apparently it is not commonly sold :( 

Adjarian khachapuri - nice and tender, slightly crisp, steaming hot. The egg fully liquid. The dough tastes lightly of yogurt. The filling is melting, not stretchy. Lightly salty. Some tartness and taste of lactic fermentation. We enjoyed it very much.

Lobio - similar preparation to last time. The beans softer, breaking easily. Less herbal and complex than last time, some flavor of bay leaf. It worked well with the lobiani. We occasionally placed from the bean stew on the pieces of the cheesy khachapuri. The beans balanced it's milikness and acidity. It's richness complimented the beans. I hope I haven't performed a crime against Georgian cuisine. Just imagine what an Italian would say if one was to deep Neapolitan pizza into pasta e fagioli 😲.

IMG_20180919_172528.jpg

IMG_20180919_172730.jpg

shain

shain

Late lunch.

Lobio - similar preparation to last time. The beans softer, breaking easily. Less herbal and complex than last time, some flavor of bay leaf. It worked well with the lobiani, we occasionally placed from bean stew on the pieces of the cheesy khachapuri. The beans balanced it's milikness and acidity. It's richness complimented the beans. I hope I haven't performed a crime against Georgian cuisine. Just imagine what an Italian would say if one was to deep Neapolitan pizza into pasta e fagioli 😲.

IMG_20180919_172528.jpg

IMG_20180919_172730.jpg

shain

shain

Late lunch.

Lobio - similar preparation to last time. The beans softer, breaking easily. Less herbal and complex than last time, some flavor of bay leaf. It worked well with the lobiani, we occasionally placed from bean stew on the pieces of the cheesy khachapuri. The beans balanced it's milikness and acidity. It's richness complimented the beans. I hope I haven't performed a crime against Georgian cuisine. Just imagine what an Italian would say if one was to deep Neapolitan pizza into pasta e fagioli 😲.

20180919_165743.jpg

20180919_165758.jpg

IMG_20180919_172528.jpg

IMG_20180919_172730.jpg