• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

So I did make an orange olive oil cake a few hours ago. My baking challenged stepmom was so confused - "What you just make a cake with what is here?".  So simple and fragrant and good. Magic. Better if I'd had tangerine zest but one makes do. Some A bitters added a bit and I should have tried some warm spice, but simple was nice.

heidih

heidih

So I did make an orange olive oil cake a few hours ago. My baking challenged stepmomn was so confused - "What you just make a cake with what is here?".  So simple and fragrant and good. Magic. Better if I'd had tangerine zest but one makes do. Some A bitters added a bit and I should have tried some warm spice, but simple was nice.