• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

Ah, the barbecue contest. Only place I've ever been drunk with 250,000 other people.

So you were at SCO, huh? I was at Tiger High, aka Memphis State. 1973-78, Memphis State's five-year plan.

Was The Cupboard, over on Union at Kimbrough, one of your haunts? That place and the Buntyn Cafe stood between me and malnutrition for many years.

kayb

kayb

Ah, the barbecue contest. Only place I've ever been drunk with 250,000 other people.

So you were at SCO, huh? I was at Tiger High, aka Memphis State. 1973-78, Memphis State's five-year plan.

Was The Cupboard, over on Union at Kimbrough, one of your haunts? That place stood between me and malnutrition for many years.

kayb

kayb

So you were at SCO, huh? I was at Tiger High, aka Memphis State.

Was The Cupboard, over on Union at Kimbrough, one of your haunts? That place stood between me and malnutrition for many years.