• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

Tonight I tried Nigellas Chicken & Pea Tray bake from At My Table. Mine does NOT look like her Instas!

But it did taste good and was beautifully easy on a work night... I did find the peas a little chewy though & skin not as crispy as I like - I just followed the recipe, so none of my usual skin crisping efforts occurred and its my fault.  (It's Hump Day gimmie a Break 😁

20181114_192522.thumb.jpg.11b0819d60cd7778ee3714e3d0d5da23.jpg

Nigellas recipe used 8 thighs to feed four, I was only comfortable with 7 in the pan with spacing. We are also a well sated 2 with this to fit in the freezer!

20181114_202115.thumb.jpg.1f71058da0b64bf39ad0282876207a33.jpg

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

Tonight I tried Nigellas Chicken & Pea Tray bake from At My Table. Mine does NOT look like her Instas!

But it did taste good and was beautifully easy on a work night... I did find the peas a little chewy though & skin not as crispy as I like - I just followed the recipe, so none of my usual skin crisping efforts occurred and its my fault.  (It's Hump Day gimmie a Break 😁

Also some of my leeks turned pink any ideas on that? 

(Quick etiquette lesson please - do I have to provide a recipe link if it will direct people to sign up to a (Nigella.com) website? - Food52 etc have ripped it openly if anyone wants) 

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

But it did taste good and was beautifully easy on a work night. Skin not as crispy as I like - I just followed the recipe, so none of my usual skin crisping efforts occurred and its my fault.  (It's Hump Day gimmie a Break 😁

(Quick etiquette lesson please - do I have to provide a recipe link if it will direct people to sign up to a (Nigella.com) website? - Food52 etc have ripped it openly if anyone wants) 

CantCookStillTry

CantCookStillTry

But it did taste good and was beautifully easy on a work night. Skin not as crispy as I like - I just followed the recipe, so none of my usual skin crisping efforts occured and its my fault.  (It's Hump Day gimmie a Break 😁

(Quick ettiquete lesson please - should I provide a recipe link if it will direct people to sign up to a (Nigella.com) website? - Food52 etc have ripped it open access if anyone wants)