• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

The sausages I mentioned in my first post have all disappeared overnight. Not, I'm sure, because someone suddenly bought them. Instead, they are trying to shift these. Same sausages but in a bun. No one appears to be buying these either.

59b212ff9db45_smokedbratsroll.thumb.jpg.2c8233831e6ddf60df403e3cd5e7f4af.jpg

59b212ee7fa36_smokeyceddarrols.thumb.jpg.a5bd379df3ea858ed829efe1bf21fa75.jpg

I actually feel sorry for the two people who man the stall (well, one of them womans it). I visit almost every day and I have never seen anyone buy anything and their stock doesn't seem to go down. They still have the frozen, overpriced steaks they had last month but I know they sold one bag of foie gras - because I bought it. When I did so, they had to phone someone to find out how their till and card reader worked. If they are still there at the end of the month I will be very surprised.

liuzhou

liuzhou

The sausages I mentioned in my first post have all disappeared overnight. Not, I'm sure, because someone suddenly bought them. Instead, they are trying to shift these. Same sausages but in a bun. No one appears to be buying these either.

59b212ff9db45_smokedbratsroll.thumb.jpg.2c8233831e6ddf60df403e3cd5e7f4af.jpg

59b212ee7fa36_smokeyceddarrols.thumb.jpg.a5bd379df3ea858ed829efe1bf21fa75.jpg

I actually feel sorry for the two people who man the stall (well, one of them womans it). I visit almost very day and I have never seen anyone buy anything and their stock doesn't seem to go down. They still have the frozen, overpriced steaks they had last month but I know they sold on bag of foie gras - because I bought it. When I did so, they had to phone someone to find out how their till and card reader worked. If they are still there at the end of the month I will be very surprised.