• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

40 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

I continue to be amazed at how inexpensive it it can be to eat out in China

Remember that salaries/incomes are much lower here. You can't just look at the prices of goods. Eating out can be expensive here. Noodle shacks are cheap, restaurants not so.

I didn't have great hopes for the sausages, so I'm not disappointed. THe thing is I don't like the vast majority of Chinese sausages and although I have made my own western style sausages, it is a lot of work for something I only eat very occasionally.

liuzhou

liuzhou

32 minutes ago, Thanks for the Crepes said:

I continue to be amazed at how inexpensive it it can be to eat out in China

Remember that salaries/incomes are much lower here. You can't just look at the prices of goods. Eating out can be expensive here. Noodle shacks are cheap, restaurants not so.

I didn't have great hopes for the sausages, so I'm not disappointed. THe thing is I don't like the vast majority of Chinese sausages and although I have made my own, it is a lot of work for something I only eat very occasionally.