• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

I have a full set of  Portmeirion Botanic Garden china including  many of their accessory pieces.

While I personally prefer plain white dishes, these belonged to my husband before I met him and he just loved the pattern  (he had actually chosen the set himself, not by a previous wife) and they were insanely expensive!   I continue to use them (while he has since passed away) for obvious sentimental reasons,

I do have some very inexpensive Corelle luncheon plates that I use a lot for just that since they can go right in the oven or microwave.

The Portmeirion is quite durable though I made the mistake of putting a dinner plate in the CSO and the temperature must have been too high because the plate broke in half $$$!

Fortunately I have eleven more of them.  That's where the Corelli earns its keep.

lindag

lindag

I have a full set of  Portmeirion Botanic Garden china including  many of their accessory pieces.

While I personally prefer plain white dishes, these belonged to my husband before I met him and he just loved the pattern  (he had actually chosen the set himself, not by a previous wife) and they were insanely expensive!   I continue to use them (while he has since passed away) for obvious sentimental reasons,

I do have some very inexpensive Corelle luncheon plates that I use a lot for just that since they can go right in the oven or microwave.

lindag

lindag

rI have a full set of  Portmeirion Botanic Garden china including a many of their accessory pieces.

lindag

lindag

rI have a full set of Portmeirion Botanic Garden china including a many of their accessory pieces.

lindag

lindag

I have a full set of Portmeirion Botanic Garden china including a many of their accessory pieces.

I do have some cheap Corel luncheon plates that I use a lot for just that since they can go right in the oven or microwave.