• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

IMG_3876.thumb.JPG.dca1913a364ff080ff0a47e2d00a2b12.JPG

Unfortunately it appears that Kerry is in emergency for the time being. I will usually wait for her but tonight the hunger pangs won.  I did not eat lunch so not surprisingly by 5 o'clock I was getting just a little peckish!

The lamb surprised me by being tender in places and tough in other places. It is quite a small chop so I would not have expected so much variation. 

I thought the rice was good. I fried a very thinly sliced onion in some olive oil until it was just beginning to colour, added some nice fat Thomsen raisins, added the rice and some Aleppo pepper and some Baharat. That Aleppo pepper sneaks up on you!  

( just got a text to say she's on her way home !). The braised romaine lettuce would have benefited from more  seasoning.  And because I am still a Brit deep down I had to have mint sauce with my lamb chop. 

Edited to fix multiple typos and to say that I topped my rice with some purchased crispy shallots 

Anna N

Anna N

IMG_3876.thumb.JPG.dca1913a364ff080ff0a47e2d00a2b12.JPG

Unfortunately it appears that Kerry is an emergency for the time being. I will usually wait for her tonight the hunger pangs won.  I did not eat lunch so not surprisingly by 5 o'clock I was getting just a little peckish!

The lamb surprised me by being tender in places and tough in other places. It is quite a small chop so I would not have expected so much variation. 

I thought the rice was good. I fried a very thinly slice onion in some olive oil until it was just beginning two color, added some nice that Thomsen  raisins, added the rice and some Aleppo Pepper and some Baharat. That Aleppo pepper sneaks up on you!  

( just got a text to say she's on her way home !). The braised     romaine lettuce would have benefited from more  seasoning.  And because I am still a Brit  deep down I had to have mint sauce with my  lamb chop. 

amb chop.