• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Vojta

Vojta

better explained

Very important thing, I forgot to say last time!

I was made aware of it by my friend after giving free not painted samples: the painted bonbons taste worse than natural ones. I tested it myself and it is true. The coating of CCB gives a waxy/ tasteless feel. Compared to plain chocolate which melts better and testes sweet. Do you observe the same with your bonbons?

The CCB is expensive and I was thrifty with it, yet still the downgrade in taste for the sake of appearance is here.

Thank you very much @pastrygirl for sharing pictures. Looks colorful even on dark.

Thank you @Kerry Beal for taking the time to dig the info for me! According to my calculation, Power flowers are slightly more expensive then making your own CCB, but almost 2x cheaper compared to ready CCB. Very promising. (Based on your post: 16 flowers/200g CB).

Vojta

Vojta

Very important thing, I forgot to say last time!

I was made aware of it by my friend after giving free not painted samples: the painted bonbons taste worse than natural ones. I tested it myself and it is true. The coating of CCB gives a waxy/ tasteless feel. Compared to plain chocolate which melts better and testes sweet. Do you observe the same with your bonbons?

The CCB is expensive and I was thrifty with it, yet still the downgrade in taste for the sake of appearance is here.

Thank you very much @pastrygirl for sharing pictures. Looks colorful even on dark.

Thank you @Kerry Beal for taking the time to dig the info for me! According to my calculation, Power flowers are slightly more expensive then making your own CCB, but almost 2x cheaper compared to ready CCB. Very promising. (Based on assumption: 16 flowers/200g CB).