• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Typo

1 hour ago, Tri2Cook said:

I am following them... I just don't know where to find the stories I suppose. Social media beyond forums really isn't my strong point. I kinda have Facebook down now but I was pretty late even to that one.

Go to their IG feed.  Click or tap the circle that's their profile photo or "avatar."  That should bring them up.  You may need to click or tap the arrow to make them play. 

Generally, if there are stories that you haven't seen, there will be a colored ring around the avatar.  

On mobile, stories also show up at the top of your feed where you'll see a row of profile photos from people you follow with a colored circle around the ones with unveiwed stories.  Tap them to view.  Once you've viewed them, the colored circle goes away but you can still re-watch stories that are less than 24 hrs old by tapping their profile photo.

On a desktop or laptop, stories show up in a little window at the upper right of your feed and you click on them to view. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

4 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

I am following them... I just don't know where to find the stories I suppose. Social media beyond forums really isn't my strong point. I kinda have Facebook down now but I was pretty late even to that one.

Go to their IG feed.  Click or tap the circle that's their profile photo or "avatar."  That should bring them up.  You may need to click or tap the arrow to make them play. 

Generally, if there are stories that you haven't seen, there will be a colored ring around the avatar.  

On mobile, stories also show up at the top of your feed where you'll see a row of profile photos from people you follow with a colored circle around the ones with unveiled stories.  Tap them to view.  Once you've viewed them, the colored circle goes away but you can still re-watch stories that are less than 24 hrs old by tapping their profile photo.

On a desktop or laptop, stories show up in a little window at the upper right of your feed and you click on them to view.