• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 minutes ago, Anna N said:

True.  But then he is not exactly one likely to give an objective assessment.   At some point he must surely have had a little more positive view since he did accept a position with Purple Carrot. 

Indeed, but then a man (or woman) is entitled to change their mind.

I'm fairly neutral. I agree with some of what he says. Food kits just don't appeal to me at all. I love the planning and shopping and preparing and the whole performance - and as he says, it's cheaper to shop for yourself. And I want to go to the market to see what's new/fresh/good quality. 

But I appreciate that there may be many people for whom this is an ideal set-up. Different lifestyles.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 minute ago, Anna N said:

True.  But then he is not exactly one likely to give an objective assessment.   At some point he must surely have had a little more positive view since he did accept a position with Purple Carrot. 

Indeed, but then a man (or woman) is entitled to change their mind.

I'm fairly neutral. I agree with some of what he says. Food kits just don't appeal to me at all. I love the shopping and preparing and the whole performance - and as he says, it's cheaper to shop for yourself. But I appreciate that there may be many people for whom this is an ideal set-up. Different lifestyles.