• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 28/04/2017 at 3:25 PM, ginagreen said:
There will be some differences, what I know is the espresso is not  with sugar and milk, it's pure coffee, and ordinary coffee will put sugar and milk.

It's not so simple.

Espresso is served without milk or sugar, but that's not what makes it "espresso". Other 'black coffees' are available, but aren't espressos.

Espresso is a technique for extracting flavor from coffee using pressurised steam, as explained above.

You could add milk and sugar or anything else, but it will still, technically, be 'espresso'. You'd have to be crazy, though.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, ginagreen said:
There will be some differences, what I know is the espresso is not  with sugar and milk, it's pure coffee, and ordinary coffee will put sugar and milk.

It's not so simple.

Espresso is served served without milk or sugar, but that's not what makes it "espresso". Other 'black coffees' are available, but aren't espressos.

Espresso is a technique for extracting flavor from coffee using pressurised steam, as explained above.

You could add milk and sugar or anything else, but it will still, technically, be 'espresso'. You'd have to be crazy, though.

liuzhou

liuzhou

38 minutes ago, ginagreen said:

It's not so simple.

Espresso is served served without milk or sugar, but that's not what makes it "espresso". Other 'black coffees' are available, but aren't espressos.

Espresso is a technique for extracting flavor from coffee sing pressurised steam, as explained above.