• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Cinnamon-Raisin Whole Wheat Waffles with Velvet Cream Cheese Spread p 38

IMG_1125.thumb.jpg.40566e3dca02d68403d984f141fa6020.jpg

The waffles have a nice flavor and come out nicely crisp but soften quickly.  Dorie says to "butter" them with the cream cheese spread (3T cream cheese whipped with 1T heavy cream, 1.5 t cinnamon and 1 t sugar), then pour maple syrup over.  I thought it would be too much but the cream cheese isn't particularly sweet and balances the maple syrup.    The spread isn't something I'll make again (it makes me think of cinnamon raisin bagels which I hate) but I'm glad I tried it. 

The peach was not in the recipe but was in the kitchen and was excellent!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Cinnamon-Raisin Whole Wheat Waffles with Velvet Cream Cheese Spread p 38

IMG_1125.thumb.jpg.40566e3dca02d68403d984f141fa6020.jpg

The waffles have a nice flavor and come out nicely crisp but soften quickly.  Dorie says to "butter" them with the cream cheese spread (3T cream cheese whipped with 1T heavy cream, 1.5 t cinnamon and 1 t sugar), then pour maple syrup over.  I thought it would be too much but the cream cheese isn't particularly sweet and balances the maple syrup.    The spread isn't something I'll make again (it makes me think of cinnamon raisin bagels which I hate) but I'm glad I tried it.