• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

1 hour ago, SLB said:

For those of you who have both:  saute pan vs paella pan?  Reflections?

I like and use them both.
For the sizes I have, the sides of the sauté pan are higher, 4 cm vs 3 cm for the paella pan.  Much easier to slosh stuff over the sides of the paella. 
I bought the paella pans because they easily fit in my little Cuisinart CSO that can’t accommodate the long handles of the sauté pans when I want to finish something in the oven. 

Edited to add that I have the smaller pans: 20 and 25 cm. 
The 27 cm paella is the same 4 cm height as the sauté pan and that big honking 35 cm paella is 4.5 cm high. 

28 minutes ago, SLB said:

For the sizes I have, the sides of the sauté pan are higher, 4 cm vs 3 cm for the paella pan.  Much easier to slosh stuff over the sides of the paella. 
I bought the paella pans because they easily fit in my little Cuisinart CSO that can’t accommodate the long handles of the sauté pans when I want to finish something in the oven. 

Edited to add that I have the smaller pans: 15, 20 and 25 cm. 
The 27 cm paella is the same 4 cm height as the sauté pan and that big honking 35 cm paella is 4.5 cm high. 

10 minutes ago, SLB said: