• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

12 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I used to have one of those Imperia pasta machines, and it was wonderful. Alas, I once neglected to clean it immediately after use, and had to take it apart and reassemble it after prying all the dried-on dough out of its innards (I'd been interrupted by my kids, and had forgotten about it by the time they were in bed...my then-wife thoughtfully boxed up the machine for me and put it away). 

I did *something* wrong along the way, because afterwards it was always loose and "clunkety." I tried taking it apart and putting it back together several more times, but without any improvement. It was terribly disappointing. 

New ones sell here for well over $100 CDN, so I'll doubtless order one online at some point in the next while. Been debating the Kitchenaid attachment kit instead, but it hardly seems worth all the extra cash. 

If there are any thrift stores in your area you might want to check there a few times.  Kerry Beal and I haunt them and I know we have seen almost new pasta machines.

Anna N

Anna N

9 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I used to have one of those Imperia pasta machines, and it was wonderful. Alas, I once neglected to clean it immediately after use, and had to take it apart and reassemble it after prying all the dried-on dough out of its innards (I'd been interrupted by my kids, and had forgotten about it by the time they were in bed...my then-wife thoughtfully boxed up the machine for me and put it away). 

I did *something* wrong along the way, because afterwards it was always loose and "clunkety." I tried taking it apart and putting it back together several more times, but without any improvement. It was terribly disappointing. 

New ones sell here for well over $100 CDN, so I'll doubtless order one online at some point in the next while. Been debating the Kitchenaid attachment kit instead, but it hardly seems worth all the extra cash. 

If there are any thrift stores in your area you might want to check there a few times.  Kerry Beal and I hunt them and I know we have seen almost new pasta machines.