• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

PatrickT

PatrickT

Added crumb shot.

Happy New Year, everyone. Wishing all of you health, happiness and great bakes in 2023. 🍞

First bake of the New Year, which I made to bring to lunch today with friends. This is Trevor Wilson's Champlain Sourdough. I followed Tom Cucuzza's new process for this bake, which he recently shared on Instagram (he is creating a YouTube video of it later this month):

• Mixed all of the ingredients together and immediately put them into a BF container. Not a single stretch, fold or lamination of any kind.
  • Allowed the dough to proof on the counter for 24hrs (avg temp 60F; dough had just about doubled).
  • Turned the dough out, pre-shaped it, final shaped it and placed it into a floured banneton.
  • Sealed the banneton in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge. CR turned out to be a total of 83.5hrs.
  • Removed the loaf from the banneton, scored it, and baked it in a DO at 450F for 25 min covered and 15 min uncovered.

Will share a pic of the crumb later today when I cut it at our friends' house.

EDIT: Crumb shot added below. 

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg

IMG_1090.jpeg

IMG_1110.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg

ABA21216-77FD-4CF5-AFED-CC567C135AEF.jpeg

PatrickT

PatrickT

Happy New Year, everyone. Wishing all of you health, happiness and great bakes in 2023. 🍞

First bake of the New Year, which I made to bring to lunch today with friends. This is Trevor Wilson's Champlain Sourdough. I followed Tom Cucuzza's new process for this bake, which he recently shared on Instagram (he is creating a YouTube video of it later this month):

• Mixed all of the ingredients together and immediately put them into a BF container. Not a single stretch, fold or lamination of any kind.
  • Allowed the dough to proof on the counter for 24hrs (avg temp 60F; dough had just about doubled).
  • Turned the dough out, pre-shaped it, final shaped it and placed it into a floured banneton.
  • Sealed the banneton in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge. CR turned out to be a total of 83.5hrs.
  • Removed the loaf from the banneton, scored it, and baked it in a DO at 450F for 25 min covered and 15 min uncovered.

Will share a pic of the crumb later today when I cut it at our friends' house.

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg

IMG_1090.jpeg

IMG_1110.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpeg

IMG_1112.jpeg