• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

PatrickT

PatrickT

25 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

I bet your guest was thrilled with a gluten free bread that looked and tasted wonderful.   I think they are hard to come by.

Thanks! I agree with you - definitely hard to come by, but thankfully, she absolutely loved it. She shared the cookbook with me when we last visited their house, so I knew that I wanted to try a recipe from there. There's also one for sourdough boules using a sourdough starter and sponge that I'm going to try next time we get together with them.

Your scoring and crust color on that loaf of yours is next level! Love it.

PatrickT

PatrickT

20 minutes ago, Ann_T said:

I bet your guest was thrilled with a gluten free bread that looked and tasted wonderful.   I think they are hard to come by.

Thanks! I agree with you - definitely hard to come by, but thankfully, she absolutely loved it. She shared the cookbook with me when we last visited their house, so I knew that I wanted to try a recipe from there. There's also one for sourdough boules using a sourdough sponge that I'm going to try next time we get together with them.

Your scoring and crust color on that loaf of yours is next level! Love it.