• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

My little baby is probably about 9 years old.  We use it daily.  Keep it really clean.  I am now noticing the door does not close shut tightly.  My DH noticed steam coming out of the top when using steambake function.

Anyone else with this problem.  Understandable with it’s age.  The gasket  is not really brittle.  Perhaps the spring closure mechanism is tired and wants his buddy,the spare, to give him a break?😵💫

it may be time..

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

My little baby is probably about 9 years old.  We use it daily.  Keep it really clean.  I am now noticing the door does not close shut tightly.  My DH noticed steam coming out of the top when using steambake function.

Anyone else with this problem.  Understandable with it’s age.  The basket is not really brittle.  Perhaps the spring closure mechanism is tired and wants his buddy,the spare, to give him a break?😵💫

it may be time..