• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add time & temp

23 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

We saw a dish on The Kitchen this weekend that I'm going to try out.  They grilled it, though, and I want to cook it in the CSO.  Basically stuffed chicken breasts.  Not rolled up - pocket cut into breast halves and then stuffed and tied.  I'm planning on 375F for 35-ish minutes.  Any ideas?  Maybe bake/steam?  What temp?  How long?  Not starting until later, so there's time for debate! 😁  Ta!

I would do sous vide.  I've only done stuffed chicken breast that I pounded out a bit, stuffed and rolled not as you've described but I still think it's the way to go.

Edited to add that I usually go with 145 -150°F,  measure thickness and check the pasteurization table for poultry on Douglas Baldwin's site, usually something in the 1.5 hr range

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add time & temp

11 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

We saw a dish on The Kitchen this weekend that I'm going to try out.  They grilled it, though, and I want to cook it in the CSO.  Basically stuffed chicken breasts.  Not rolled up - pocket cut into breast halves and then stuffed and tied.  I'm planning on 375F for 35-ish minutes.  Any ideas?  Maybe bake/steam?  What temp?  How long?  Not starting until later, so there's time for debate! 😁  Ta!

I would do sous vide.  I've only done stuffed chicken breast that I pounded out a bit, stuffed and rolled not as you've described but I still think it's the way to go.

Edited to add that I usually go with 150°F,  measure thickness and check the pasteurization table for poultry on Douglas Baldwin's site, usually something in the 1.5 hr range

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

6 minutes ago, Kim Shook said: