• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Added the last line. Changed steambake to steam

I went to worthy liners and they do ship to Canada for a not unreasonable charge.  Since I had to go to the dentist today, I decided to stop by the dollar store to see what they had in the way of foil sheets.  I ended up buying a package of 30 foil sheets for $1.25,  they are a bit larger than 10 ' 10 but I just crumple them up a bit on the long side.

For dinner, I decided to just do some burgers in the CSO.  I had printed out @Okanagancook 's spreadsheet and saw 1 hour at 130 on steam.  I did a search and found that @rotuts was the author of that post.  I also saw that someone had done them on supersteam at 150.  The question was asked of that person as to how long they cooked them for but as far as I can tell, this question was not answered.  My question is:  what is the difference between super steam and steam?  Has anyone else done their burgs at 130 for an hour?  We like our burgs fairly well done, so should I use maybe 150 for a shorter time? Are they cooked on the tray or on a rack?

ElsieD

ElsieD

Added the last line.

I went to worthy liners and they do ship to Canada for a not unreasonable charge.  Since I had to go to the dentist today, I decided to stop by the dollar store to see what they had in the way of foil sheets.  I ended up buying a package of 30 foil sheets for $1.25,  they are a bit larger than 10 ' 10 but I just crumple them up a bit on the long side.

For dinner, I decided to just do some burgers in the CSO.  I had printed out @Okanagancook 's spreadsheet and saw 1 hour at 130 on steambake.  I did a search and found that @rotuts was the author of that post.  I also saw that someone had done them on supersteam at 150.  The question was asked of that person as to how long they cooked them for but as far as I can tell, this question was not answered.  My question is:  what is the difference between super steam and steam bake?  Has anyone else done their burbs at 130 for an hour?  We like our burgs fairly well done, so should I use maybe 150 for a shorter time? Are they cooked on the tray or on a rack?

ElsieD

ElsieD

For dinner, I decided to just do some burgers in the CSO.  I had printed out @Okanagancook 's spreadsheet and saw 1 hour at 130 on steambake.  I did a search and found that @rotuts was the author of that post.  I also saw that someone had done them on supersteam at 150.  The question was asked of that person as to how long they cooked them for but as far as I can tell, this question was not answered.  My question is:  what is the difference between super steam and steam bake?  Has anyone else done their burbs at 130 for an hour?  We like our burgs fairly well done, so should I use maybe 150 for a shorter time?