• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

Well, I am happy I brought all these memories back. For me it was un toasted bread, michetta, which has no crumb inside, don't think of it as a kaiser roll, with cold sweet butter and granulated sugar. 

Anna, I think the little loaf pans are great for bread,  for brioche or small pound cakes! This recipe was very easy, a "milk" bread, pain au lait, if you want. 500 g flour, 274 g milk (but I used a tad more), 25 g fresh compressed yeast (1/3 if granulated but for me way too much), 6 g salt (I'd go to 10 g), 6 g honey, 50 g sugar. Double in bulk, then divide it into shapes for a second rise. I did what suggested and added a bowl of hot water in the oven for the second proof but then if you need to preheat your oven consider that too. 

Franci

Franci

Well, I am happy I brought all these memories back. For me it was un toasted bread, michetta, which has no crumb inside, don't think of it as a kaiser roll, with cold sweet butter and granulated sugar. 

Anna, I think the little loaf pans are great for for brioche or small pound cakes! This recipe was very easy, a "milk" bread, pain au lait, if you want. 500 g flour, 274 g milk (but I used a tad more), 25 g fresh compressed yeast (1/3 if granulated but for me way too much), 6 g salt (I'd go to 10 g), 6 g honey, 50 g sugar. Double in bulk, then divide it into shapes for a second rise. I did what suggested and added a bowl of hot water in the oven for the second proof but then if you need to preheat your oven consider that too.