• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

54 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Interesting that to both of us we loved the baked alaska most of all. Not impressed with getting squirted by cheese and didn't actually enjoy those little brioche - camembert had gone past it's best I think. Loved the idea of them though. 

Oh and the peekytoe crab salad was quite delicious with a good crunch vs soft thing going on.

Kerry and I were on the same page on almost everything. The baked alaska was really good,  the acidity on the strawberry sorbet perfectly balanced the sweetness of the meringue. Delicious. I also enjoyed very much the crab salad, the marinated foie gras with the thin crispy top was very good. Also the caviar benedict very rich but quite enjoyable.

Overall in a world that moves toward lighter and fresher tastes I found it a little bit too rich for me and I'm not one person stingy on fats. I found some recurrent ingredients or flavors: potato, morels, sorrel, a lot of radishes.

A great service and a lot of attention to details from the nice wooden trays where the appetizers were served, they pile high and mimic the chandeliers. To the paper on the mast brothers chocolate and the nice granola they gifted us with the tin where we were served the caviar benedict with a printed menu included. 

menu.JPG

Franci

Franci

36 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Interesting that to both of us we loved the baked alaska most of all. Not impressed with getting squirted by cheese and didn't actually enjoy those little brioche - camembert had gone past it's best I think. Loved the idea of them though. 

Oh and the peekytoe crab salad was quite delicious with a good crunch vs soft thing going on.

Kerry and I were on the same page on almost everything. The baked alaska was really good,  the acidity on the strawberry sorbet perfectly balanced the sweetness of the meringue. Delicious. I also enjoyed very much the crab salad, the marinated foie gras with the thin crispy top was very good. Also the caviar benedict very rich but quite enjoyable.

Overall in a world that moves toward lighter and fresher tastes I found it a little bit too rich for me and I'm not one person stingy on fats. I found some recurrent ingredients or flavors: potato, morels, sorrel, a lot of radishes.

Overall a great service and a lot of attention to details from the nice wooden trays where the appetizers were served, they pile high and mimic the chandeliers. To the paper on the mast brothers chocolate and the nice granola they gifted us with the tin where we were served the caviar benedict with a printed menu included. 

menu.JPG