• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

huiray

huiray

That's too bad. Oh well.

Indiana, even in Indianapolis, is an early-to-rise-early-to-bed kind of place. It is much better now in Indy, for example, but 15-20 years ago it was true that past about 9 pm or so, 10 pm tops, one's dining choices tended towards the few all-night diners around. Which weren't that bad themselves as diner food. At the company I used to work for, the front parking lot in front of the building where I worked would be full by 7 am, and the back parking lot would be already 4-5 rows deep. A work acquaintance once said to me that he basically rose with the sun and went to bed when the sun set. Medical offices (including my doctor's) even now frequently would be open for business w/ the 1st appointment at 7 am, in some offices even earlier. I once, early on, was offered a follow-up appointment (after an office visit) for 7 am when I murmured that it was uncivilized at that hour and was given a death stare by one of the receptionists. So subsequently I simply specified a preferred time range for appointments. :) 

Naked Tchopstix is an Indiana chain. It started some 10 or so years ago at Broad Ripple Village, in fact, with the original and sole restaurant just round the corner on College from the main drag in Broad Ripple. We drove past it. It's a Japanese-Korean-some Chinese kind of place. I haven't eaten at the place or its subsequent outlets for many years but it used to be decent.

Just for the record, a looksee-looksee on Google maps turns up a restaurant near the Homewood Suites that should have been open till 11 pm on Monday night...here; and a diner a little further, here.  ;)  (Oh, that diner appears to open at 5.30 am Sun-Thurs and 24 hrs Fri-Sat)

image.jpg

Another editing note: I have no idea why Kerry's picture is appearing in my post. I certainly did not add it in!

huiray

huiray

That's too bad. Oh well.

Indiana, even in Indianapolis, is an early-to-rise-early-to-bed kind of place. It is much better now in Indy, for example, but 15-20 years ago it was true that past about 9 pm or so, 10 pm tops, one's dining choices tended towards the few all-night diners around. Which weren't that bad themselves as diner food. At the company I used to work for, the front parking lot in front of the building where I worked would be full by 7 am, and the back parking lot would be already 4-5 rows deep. A work acquaintance once said to me that he basically rose with the sun and went to bed when the sun set. Medical offices (including my doctor's) even now frequently would be open for business w/ the 1st appointment at 7 am, in some offices even earlier. I once, early on, was offered a follow-up appointment (after an office visit) for 7 am when I murmured that it was uncivilized at that hour and was given a death stare by one of the receptionists. So subsequently I simply specified a preferred time range for appointments. :) 

Naked Tchopstix is an Indiana chain. It started some 10 or so years ago at Broad Ripple Village, in fact, with the original and sole restaurant just round the corner on College from the main drag in Broad Ripple. We drove past it. It's a Japanese-Korean-some Chinese kind of place. I haven't eaten at the place or its subsequent outlets for many years but it used to be decent.

Just for the record, a looksee-looksee on Google maps turns up a restaurant near the Homewood Suites that should have been open till 11 pm on Monday night...here; and a diner a little further, here.  ;)  (Oh, that diner appears to open at 5.30 am Sun-Thurs and 24 hrs Fri-Sat)

image.jpg

huiray

huiray

That's too bad. Oh well.

image.jpg

huiray

huiray

That's too bad. Oh well.

Naked Tchopstix is an Indiana chain. It started some 10 or so years ago at Broad Ripple Village, in fact, just round the corner on College from the main drag in Broad Ripple. We drove past it. It's a Japanese-Korean-some Chinese kind of place. I haven't eaten at the place or its subsequent outlets for many years but it used to be decent.

Just for the record, a looksee-looksee on Google maps turns up a restaurant near the Homewood Suites that should have been open till 11 pm on Monday night...here; and a diner a little further, here.  ;)